Note: Participants and Auditors are responsible for their housing. The NYGS at Mannes is in no way responsible for any housing or accommodations arrangements.
Events of the seminar take place at Mannes School of Music which is located at 55 West 13th Street between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue in Manhattan. Some activities June 26 and 27 will take place at the Americas Society, 680 Park Avenue at 68th Street in Manhattan, a short subway ride away from Mannes.
New School University Housing
- Registered Full Participants and Full Auditors have the option to sign up for university housing at the New School University dorms, located one block from Mannes on 5th Avenue and 13th Street in the newest building of the university.
- The rate is $575 for the seven nights (Check in on June 25, check out on July 2.). The rate includes linens (flat and fitted sheet, pillow, pillowcase, blanket, and bath towel). The rooms are double occupancy.
- Participants ages 16 to 18 years old staying at the dorms will be under a 11:00pm curfew.
- The dorms have 24/7 security.
- If you want to stay at the dorms, you must first register for the seminar as a Full Participant or Full Auditor. Once we have received payment for your registration, we will send you a link to sign up for university housing.
The Official Hotel of the New York Guitar Seminar is The Lexington, a historic hotel known for its connections to celebrities and the jazz world since 1929. Suite 1806 was the home of Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio during their brief marriage in the 1950s! Located on Lexington Avenue at 48th Street – between Mannes School of Music and Americas Society – The Lexington is offering a very special rate of $219 US (one king bed or two double beds) for New York Guitar Seminar at Mannes participants, auditors, family, and friends. The rate is available only if booked by May 25, and it includes free WiFi for Guitar Seminar guests. Click here to Book your group rate for The New School
Mannes School of Music is within walking distance of many Greenwich Village, East Village, and Chelsea hotels, as well as a 10-minute subway ride from Times Square, Midtown, and East Side neighborhoods. Please check travel websites like Travelocity or Expedia for rates.